Sunday, October 9, 2011

If only, I had not seen Bastar,

If only, I had not seen Bastar,
I would also have been a respectable and credible citizen of the national mainstream,
I would then have spent my evenings in leisure, betting on the victory or defeat of this or that cricket team,
surely a national issue of paramount importance.
I would have then had heated discussions about the ubiquitous mother-in-law daughter-in-law serials,
betting with my wife that this time surely the daughter-in-law would checkmate the clever moves of the
mother-in-law

But after returning from Bastar, I have started saying strange and dangerous things,
My relatives avoid me like a plague,
because my words are a mirror held to an ugly reality
of burned adivasi houses, of raped adivasi girls,
of cruel deeds of the "Good Government working for the progress and development of the country",
of Kartam Joga, Sukhnath Oyami, Madkam Hidme, and of the blood drenched corpses of 6 mahua making
adivasis in Ponjer village, who were hacked to death by an axe.
Can someone turn me into a good citizen again,
who talks about important and decent topics such as cricket and films,
and avoids talking about uncivilized adivasis, equality, and equal distribution of wealth?

1 comment:

  1. हिमांशु, क्यों इसे अंग्रेजी में अनूदित कर दिए? …यह भाषा लुटेरों की हैं, नये ब्राह्मणों की है, जो लूट रहे हैं…

    ReplyDelete